Youth Entrepreneurship Service (YES)
Wow! We’re so overwhelmed by the passion from the students and parents. And the room is full now. But do sign up regardless; we’ll keep you posted when there is more space available. Get into the waiting list. >>>
First Class Staring on October 10, 2015, on Saturdays from 9 AM to 12 PM
Location: Constant Contact Innovation Lab (1601 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA)
- Founded in 2005, YES (Youth Entrepreneurship Service) Program is a program for high school students to develop entrepreneurship and leadership skills. From the 10-class program, students learn to work in teams, develop business ideas and participate in a business plan contest. The program will cover Business Plans, Product Conceptualization, Company Structure, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Public Speaking and Presentation skills. Each class will feature a distinguished speaker and an exciting instructor to show students how skills learned can be applied in the real world. Winners will have cash scholarship and possible internship opportunities in big firms or corporate.
- Think Different – Learn to listen, think, and act as a founder, creator, and team member.
- Business Knowledge – Gain business knowledge not included in high school curricula.
- Solve Real Problems – Apply your current understanding to help solve real problems.
- Team Building – Build and manage strong teams with your peers.
- Internship – Be considered for internships at our sponsor companies.
The program is free for students whose parents are NECINA members. For others, it is $15 per student.The first session is free for everyone to let you have a taste of what YES program is like. If you would like to continue the rest of the program, each student will then pay $15.
YES 10.0 Curriculum
- 10/10/2015: Introduction/icebreaker
- 10/24/2015: Brainstorming for ideas/team building
- 11/07/2015: From Ideas to Products/Team Work
- 11/21/2015: Mentorship 1 (focus on what has been taught so far)
- 12/05/2015: Sales and marketing
- 12/12/2015: Finance and accounting
- 01/09/2016: Mentorship 2 (focus on what has been taught so far)
- 01/23/2016: Mentorship 3 (focus on what has been taught so far)
- 02/06/2016: Final business plan review/company formation & legal
- 02/27/2016: Final competition