Starts on September 25th, 2021 and Ends on April 2nd, 2022
Registration fee: $200.00
Save your spot for Early Bird Registration before September 30th 2021 can get 25% off
Any questions, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SIGN UP AT GOOGLE FORM HERE TO SECURE YOUR SPOT NOW!
Founded in 2005, Youth Entrepreneurship Service (YES) Program is a program designed for high school students to learn entrepreneurship and leadership skills through interactive workshops with instructors and out of class mentorship by mentors. Students are taught and motivated to discover their passion in science, technology, business and philanthropy, explore opportunities and recognize fundamentals of startups. YES adopts the approach of Project Based Learning. The structure of all sessions encourages students to learn by applying the knowledge and skills through an engaging and interactive experience with instructors, mentors and peers. From the 10-class workshops, students learn to choose teammates, work in teams, develop business ideas and participate in a business plan contest. Students will select their own teammates based on an exercise and evaluation that determines their respective personality propensity. The program will cover Business Plans, Product Conceptualization, Company Structure, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Public Speaking and Presentation skills. Each session will be facilitated by an instructor who introduces to students a specific entrepreneurial skill or characteristics and guides them to apply these concepts to their chosen business projects. The Project Based Learning approach presents students with unique opportunities for deeper learning in-context and for the development of important skills tied to college and career readiness. Winning teams voted by a judge panel will not only win cash prizes but may be awarded internship opportunities by corporations.
To gain further insight, watch the popular YES 15 competition YouTube video: CLICK HERE.
- Think Differently – Learn to listen, think, and act as a founder, creator, and team member..
- Build Business Knowledge – Gain knowledge not included in the high school curriculum.
- Discover solutions – Explore technology trends to help solve real problems.
- Team Building – Build and manage strong teams with your peers.
- Pitch idea – Prepare and present your IDEAs to a panel of judges.
- Internship – Be considered for internships at our sponsor companies.
The program fee is $200 per student. Every registered student will be granted a one-year NECINA membership. Early bird registration discount fee of $150 is available through September 30th, 2021. The first two sessions are free for everyone to give you a taste of what YES program is like. If you would like to continue the remainder of the program, each student shall then pay the program fee. By registering for YES, you consent that pictures or videos featuring you may be chosen to publish for NECINA marketing purposes.
YES 16.0 Curriculum
(all sessions except the info session run from 10am to 12pm)
- 09/25/2021– Information Session (free)
- 10/16/2021– Entrepreneurship 101 (free)
- 10/30/2021- Ideation
- 11/13/2021- Market Validation
- 12/11/2021- Sales and Marketing
- 01/08/2022- Accounting & Finance
- 01/22/2022- Corporate Structure and Intellectual Property
- 02/05/2022- Social Networking Marketing
- 02/26/2022- Elevator Pitch
- 03/19/2022- Mock Competition
- Final Competition--04/02/2022
ZOOM Details for Information Session
- Time: Sep 25, 2021 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/98121786763
- Meeting ID: 981 2178 6763